YOUR PREMIER AIR BOAT MANUFACTURER
The only Australian commercial builder of air boats, we offer our customers a selection of standard designs, or alternatively we can provide custom built air boats to suit specific requirements.
Air boats are a unique water craft with amphibious characteristics, which are very commonly used in the USA - particularly in the Florida Everglades where conventional water craft are unable to navigate the shallow waters & marsh lands.
The unique capabilities of air boats are starting to become well known in Australia and Asia. The ability to access areas only previously accessible by helicopters has provided an economical alternative means of transport for many organisations and individuals.
Our unique and robust air boats are suitable for a wide range of applications such as recreational, eco-tourism and military uses:
- Seismic surveys
- Search & Rescue (SAR)
- Eco tourism
- Crocodile Farms
- Cattle Stations
- Weed control
- Mining companies
- Insect control
- Emergency services
Comprehensive through-life support:
- Full training and instruction provided.
- Flexible service and maintenance schedules at your convenience to ensure maximum product lifetime.
- Ample spare parts and accessories in stock to ensure minimal downtime.
- Backed by the extensive service, engineering and manufacturing capabilities of the Varley Group.
ABOUT OUR AIR BOATS
Primary Design Features:
- Our hulls are constructed from double skinned marine grade aluminium extrusion, benefits include: superior strength, double layer hull water integrity, extrusion is foamed filled to provide additional buoyancy and water integrity.
- Our hulls are custom build and individually shaped, the secret to our superior handling performance.
- Our hulls are designed with wide gunwhale and double skin sides which can be foamed filled for added buoyancy and collision features.
- Our proven propulsion systems are matched to customer requirements and air boat size.
- Flexible seating options to satisfy various customer requirements such as tourism or SAR applications.
- Our designs provide generous load carrying capacities.
- Our air boats are suitable for deep water application unlike the US made vessels which are mainly designed for shallow water use.
- Ancillary equipment options install to to customer requirements such as: fuel tanks standard or long range, storage lockers, navigation instrumentation, lighting, communication, safety equipment, lifting davit, dual or single contol, paint colour single, multi, camouflage.
- Our flagship vessel the Newcastle Class, has undergone extensive testing by Australian Defence Department.
- All our air boat designs have heavy duty Aluminium radiators.
- Foam filled double skinned marine aluminium hull bottom, with skid sheet marine grade aluminium used throughout.
- Long range 30 gallon fuel tanks all models.
- Optional water proof locker in bow deck.
- Optional full width locker under passenger seat.
- Standard colour is: Two coat epoxy white.
- Standard navigation lights.
- Optional dual controls.
- Optional driving lights.
- Electric bilge pump.
- Two way master switch and dual batteries.
- GM V8 engines 425 HP.
- Unsinkable and flooded can support 1100 kilo load!
- Wide Blade Design.
- Adjustable Pitch.
- Strong, Lightweight Composite.
- Construction from carbon fibre.
- Performance the best in the world.
- Resistance to impact.
- Quiet, only 90 db at 50 feet.
- Low throb type sound signature.
- Non corrosive in the worst environment.
- Increasing application requirements in hard use.
AIR BOAT MODELS
Our 2 primary models of air boat are the Newcastle class and the Tornado class:
FURTHER MODEL DETAILS AND SPECIFICATIONS AVAILABLE IN OUR PRODUCT BROCHURE...